As Inhouse Legal Counsel (Investments) at UNIQA Ventures, you will work closely with our managing directors and investment managers in structuring and managing venture capital transactions, support portfolio management from a legal perspective and provide targeted added value to our portfolio companies based on your professional expertise.
- All legal aspects of venture capital transactions from initial investment to active support in portfolio management and preparation of exits
- Drafting and reviewing NDAs, term sheets, investment and shareholder agreements and side letters
- Structuring of venture capital transactions
- Identifying/documenting legal risks, performing/managing legal due diligence including AML/KYB/KYC reviews
- Setting up incentive models/ESOP agreements within the portfolio
- Selective support of portfolio companies with a hands-on approach
- Independently handling and resolving legal issues in an international context
- Close cooperation with the managing directors and investment managers
- Drive continuous process improvements, further development of our standard terms and conditions (term sheet)
- Advising our investment team on the structuring of investment transactions and commercial terms of the investment (capitalization tables and waterfall calculations)
- Coordination and consultation with international legal advisors and UNIQA Group Legal Counsel
- Coordinate with the UNIQA Group on Group Governance issues and Group-wide internal regulations
- Provide legal advice for a wide range of general corporate law matters
- Degree in law, preferably from an Austrian or German university
- Judicial practice
- 3y+ experience in pan-European transactions, including venture capital/M&A transactions, e.g. in a VC fund, law firm or in-house legal environment
- Excellent negotiation skills and curiosity to explore foreign jurisdictions
- Fluent in English and German (95% of the legal work would be in English)
- Competent in German and English, additional language skills (especially CEE) will be an advantage
- Practical, collaborative mindset with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with a broad range of corporate law issues desired (especially financial regulation law) but not required
If our application appeals to you, then don’t hesitate and send us your application: email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
The salary schedule for this position starts at 70,000 gross p.a. and is negotiable with appropriate qualifications.